|Title||Midland Mills from old Canal Road, conversion to flats in progress. "The Midland Mills are an Andrews and Pepper design prior to their major commission for Manningham Mills. The surviving warehouse and spinning mill ranges flank Cape Street with a linking lodge at second floor level. Four-storeys, the north block of sandstone “brick” with ashlar dressings, the south block of ashlar. Sill bands, modillion bracket eaves cornices and parapets. The south range low rock faced semibasement. Aprons to tall ground floor windows. Close set ashlar linteled windows, segmental arched to ground floor. The south block is in 2 builds, the return to Valley Road with pediment-gable and slightly lower range to Canal Road with corner pavilion, the parapet surmounted by iron scrolled cresting. One warehouse has been demolished as has chimney."|
|Photo's author||David Spencer User stats Author's photos Google+ profile|
|Date||19 Jul 2008 13:30:09|
|Original size||1024 x 768|
|Retrieved from source on|
|Camera model||FUJIFILM / FinePix S9500|
Midland Mills from old Canal Road, conversion to flats in progress. "The Midland Mills are an Andrews and Pepper design prior to their major commission for Manningham Mills. The surviving warehouse an…
The Conditioning House, office entrance
The Conditioning House, office entrance - note smashed glass that once bore the building name in gold leaf.
Con house gate
Conditioning House, Bradford
Conditioning House, Bradford Viewed from Canal Road. A listed former mill building built in 1902.
Old Canal Road, Bradford
Old Canal Road, Bradford Nothing more than a free car park these days. Conditioning House is on the left, and Canal Road runs the other side of the bushes.
The Conditioning House - stonework above the yard entrance, Bradford coat of arms
The Conditioning House - rear, note the winch