|Wikipedia Page ID||None|
|Retrieved from source on||2011-10-31 08:09:02 (UTC)|
The Stags Head Inn: The Slack The original Stags Head to the left is now the Gaunless Valley Visitors Centre, the new Stags Head Inn, built in 1908 and closed in 2005.
Entering Butterknowle from the east through the hamlet called The Slack
Buildings at The Slack
Stile, Cockfield Fell.
Footbridge at Butterknowle Giving access to excellent countryside walking in this area of County Durham
Footbridge at Butterknowle
Quarry, Cockfield Fell Opencut marking the course of the Cleveland Dyke which has been quarried away for roadstone.
Terraced residences on Lands Lane
Cockfield Station: Bishop Auckland & Barnard Castle Railway Opened in 1863, closed to passengers 1958. The Station House survives, track, bridge and sidings (to New Copley Coke Works) have gone. Part …