The Auchengeich Mining Disaster Memorial Unveiled by the First Minister of Scotland Alex Salmond on 18th. September 2009 - the 50th. anniversary of the disaster when 47 colliers were killed in an unde…
The Eastern flank of Castle Hill The Antonine Wall climbs steeply up this incline.
|Title||A different looking Antonine Wall Overlooking East Dullatur Farm, more like a terraced fortified line than a wall.|
|Photo's author||BJ Smur User stats Author's photos|
|Source||Wikimedia Commons image|
|Date||06 Oct 2009 00:00:00|
|Original size||640 x 480|
|Retrieved from source on|
A different looking Antonine Wall Overlooking East Dullatur Farm, more like a terraced fortified line than a wall.
A different looking Antonine Wall
Farmhouse near Dullatur
Railway bridge over Parish Road
Railway bridge over Parish Road The Network Rail sign names this as Bridge No. EGM1/094 and the track as 'Parish Road' - a common enough name in Scotland but use of is generally long lapsed. The bridg…
Glen Road at Dullatur
Glen Road at Dullatur Before the building of the railway in 1844 this road went directly to East Dullatur Farm but was re-aligned. On the western (left in this photo) side of this road are the working…
Dullatur Colliery Building Owned by The Cadzow Coal Company, the colliery opened in 1935 and closed in 1964. At it's peak it employed 281 men. Information from RCAHMS.
Dullatur Colliery Building
Marked on the map as Mine, part of Dullatur sand quarry.
To Cumbernauld This signpost can be found in Dullatur
Antonine Wall (Roman), King's Drive, Seafar, Dullatur, North Lanarkshire, Scotland, G67, United Kingdom osm
|Street address||King's Drive|