Parish Church of St. Lucia The church of St. Lucia stands in the west of this gridsquare, east of B4337 Llanwnnen to Temple Bar Road.
Falcondale Mansion Hotel This grand Italianate mansion stands in the south of the grid-square and was built in the 1850s by John Battersby Harford. It was converted into an hotel in 1980. The 20,000 a…
|Title||Old trackbed near Olwen The Carmarthen and Aberystwyth Railway was opened in 1867 by the Manchester and Milford Railway Company but was transferred to Great Western Railway in 1911, with whom it remained until nationalisation in 1948. Passenger trains continued until 1964 with goods services struggling on until 1970. There is talk of re-opening the line, but in the meantime this stretch of the line has found useful employment as a farm track.|
|Photo's author||Dan Gregory User stats Author's photos|
|Source||Wikimedia Commons image|
|Date||30 Jan 2008 00:00:00|
|Original size||640 x 480|
|Retrieved from source on|
Old trackbed near Olwen The Carmarthen and Aberystwyth Railway was opened in 1867 by the Manchester and Milford Railway Company but was transferred to Great Western Railway in 1911, with whom it remai…
Track through Olwen Wood Running diagonally south-west to north-east through the middle of this square, Olwen Wood is part of a near continuous belt of mixed woodland occupying the northern (scarp) sl…
Lower Forest near Lampeter This permissive footpath runs through Lower Forest above Lampeter.
Heol y Wig/Forest Road The road from Lampeter to Silian here passes through a forested area which occupies most of this gridquare. The woods to the left are known as Upper Forest, while those to the r…
Bridge Over Afon Dulas The river Dulas flows down through Lampeter where it then joins the river Teifi. The bridge lies on an unclassified road North East of Lampeter.
File:Gorsedd Park, Lampeter, Ceredigion.jpg
Lampeter railway station