The church of St Laurence - north aisle St Lawrence is a sma…

0
Title The church of St Laurence - north aisle St Lawrence is a small church > http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/861834 - http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/861835 - http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/861836 - http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/861839 with a double bellcote instead of a tower. A north aisle was added in 1900 and the church interior is extensively restored. The stained glass windows date from the late 19th and early 20th centuries, the east window is by Clayton & Bell (c. 1870) and there is a west window by Kempe (d. 1908). The circular font > http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/861841 dates from the 13th century and is the only lead font in Norfolk; it is decorated with crucifixes and ornamental strips > http://www.geograph.org.uk/photo/861843 and has some old, scratched-in graffiti. The church is open every day.
Photo's author Evelyn Simak User stats Author's photos
License
Source Wikimedia Commons image
Date 11 Jul 2007 00:00:00
Original size 480 x 640
Retrieved from source on
Tools

Nearby

Actions

Update

Comments

blog comments powered by Disqus
52° 37′ 26.27″ N 1° 25′ 42.09″ E
52.62396 1.42836

Norfolk, East of England, England, United Kingdom osm

County Norfolk
Region England
Country United Kingdom

Nearby